PTFE also known as Teflon is one of the materials commonly used for coating cooking utensils particularly non-stick frying pans. The sheets are hydrophobic, making them extremely water-resistant and non-reactive, which is why they are used in tubing and containers.
PTFE’s greatest advantage is its flexibility, and the number of applications for this material over so many goods and different industries is overwhelming. The utilization of PTFE Plumber Tape can have extensive points of interest in assembling and designing, not just in the production of cylinders or liners for the dealing with or capacity of destructive synthetic concoctions, yet additionally in the covering of parts, for example, orientation or screws to improve the life span of both the parts themselves and the apparatus they are a piece of.
Different products made from PTFE
Lined Pipes : PTFE Lined Pipes are among the most flexible lined pipe and fittings available. PTFE lined tubing helps avoid leaks and the escape of dangerous substances and/or gasses that can lead to unhealthy working conditions. This is almost uniformly chemical resistant and able to withstand temperatures of up to 450 ° F (230 ° C), This makes it suitable for the handling of nitric acid, nitrobenzene and other fluids used in industrial processes and development.
Pipe Fittings : PTFE lined pipe Fittings are used in pharmaceutical, food and beverage applications and other applications where efficiency in the name of cost savings cannot be compromised. There is no end to pipe fitting applications so long as there is no end to pipeline applications. Many of the uses are the movement of highly dangerous materials such as chemicals and waste, safety of sensitive equipment from high pressures etc.
Valves : PTFE Lined Valves are the safe and effective solution for any degree of danger of corrosion. Throughout the chemical, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, fertilizer, pulp and paper industries and metallurgical industries, lined valves can be used as more economical alternatives to high-grade alloys.
PTFE is used in many different industries:
- Petrochemical and chemical processing: PTFE is the material of preference for gaskets, tank linings, pump interiors, washers, loops, caps, spacers, dip tubes and well drilling components since it is prone to degradation and is chemically inert; For all fluids which caustics, which processes in temperatures up to 500 degrees F are unchanged.
- Electrical applications: PTFE portrays one of the best recognized insulators. It can insulate in thin parts up to 500 volts per millet. There are PTFE rates that have much greater dielectric power. This is also used in wire and cable cover, and in condensers to isolate conductive surfaces. Thick walled, low-tolerance extruded tubing is the PTFE form of choice because it is difficult to pump or drill lengthy distances within near tolerances. This may be extruded through multi-hole tubing. PTFE may be machined into insulators for other various forms of electrical system high-voltage encapsulation systems.
- Semi-Conductor Industry: PTFE is volatile and it varies from minus 350 degrees Fahrenheit to 550 degrees Fahrenheit in ambient temperature. If made to ultra-pure specifications, it is the substance of preference for numerous products used in chip production, including quartz heater encapsulation systems and the like.
- Laboratory applications: Owing to their chemical tolerance, and inertness, PTFE plumbing, tubing, and vessels are used in various laboratory ware. No pollutants cling to the soil.
- Bearing pads: Glass filled PTFE may be cut or pressed onto bearing pads and can tolerate some weather-related deterioration while staying an inert interface between diverse construction materials such as steel and concrete.
- PTFE Compounds: Specific fillers may be combined with PTFE base resin to improve other properties, such as glass fiber, glass bead, iron, graphite, copper, molybdenum disulfide, etc.
Pipingmart is B2B portal specializes in industrial, metal and piping products. Also, share latest information and news related to products, materials and different types grades to help business dealing in this industry.